We love crab cakes, and we want you to love them just as much. Enjoy.
Chilean Picual Spot Prawn Cakes
Spot Prawn Cakes Ingredients:
- 1 pound raw, wild shrimp or Spot Prawns, peeled and deveined, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely minced
- 3 medium green onions, finely minced
- 1/3 cup finely minced cilantro leaves
- 2 medium garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup + 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- Devo Chilean Picual EVOO
- Heat 1″ olive oil in a heavy, wide frying pan over medium-high heat to 350 degrees on a deep fry thermometer.
- In a medium bowl, mix together all of the ingredients, reserving 1 cup of panko bread crumbs for breading the shrimp cakes. Place the panko crumbs in wide dish. Portion the cakes evenly in to four patties and coat thoroughly with the reserved panko bread crumbs.
- Fry the shrimp cakes for 3 minutes per side, until the bread crumbs are golden brown and the shrimp cakes are cooked through.
Cilantro-Caper Aioli Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup high-oleic, GMO-Free, expeller pressed safflower oil
- 1 cup Devo Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons capers in brine, drained thoroughly
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place the egg yolks, water, salt, capers, and lemon juice in the bowl of a blender of food processor. Pulse to finely chop the cilantro and capers.
- Mix the olive oil with the safflower oil. With the motor running, drizzle the oil mixture in slowly, being careful not to pour too quickly.
Simple Baby Greens Salad Ingredients:
- 4 cups baby greens, for serving
- 2 tablespoons Devo Chilean Picual EVOO
- 1 tablespoon Devo Honey Ginger White Balsamic
- Whisk together the olive oil and balsamic. Toss the baby greens with the vinaigrette and serve the shrimp cakes over the baby greens with a dollop of the aioli.
- Serves 4