No need to chop the garlic when you can enjoy our Roasted California Garlic Olive Oil. Saves time, but adds great flavor!
Garlic Kale and Artichoke Soup
- 2 tablespoons Devo Garlic EVOO
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- ½ white sweet potato or 1 red potato, chopped into ½” pieces
- 2 cups artichoke hearts
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups tightly packed kale leaves, stems discarded
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch nutmeg
- Salt to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, sauté onion in olive oil until it begins to turn transluscent.
- Add the sweet potato and continue cooking until sweet potato is soft, stirring frequently.
- Add the artichoke hearts, chicken broth, cayenne, nutmeg and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add the kale leaves and cover the pot until kale leaves have wilted, about 1 minute.
- Pour the soup into a blender with the almond milk and blend until smooth. This will likely need to be done in batches.
- If the soup needs to be re-heated, pour it back into a pot and heat gently, stirring frequently until the soup is to desired temperature.
- Serve with crusty bread and parmesan cheese on top.
Recipe and photograph provided by Julia from Roasted Root.